Monday, June 4, 2012

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

Interesting mini article about FB turning into a Yahoo! or Myspace type of company in the future.

6 comments:

  1. One of the challenges for social media companies, such as FB, is how to convince firms to believe that advertises can bring sustainable growth in revenue. The problem is if the firm cannot be convinced that invest on FB will increase sales, then they may simply quit as GM did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I completely agree with this article. While I do agree that Facebook still has some room to go to prove itself, I feel Google will remain relevant going forward. I use Google almost exclusively on my mobile devices to quickly find information on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think it is the nature of the world for their to always be a bigger and better and easier. It is just a matter of time before some kid wonder comes up with something we will all be able to waste more time on :) I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use google for all searches on mobile devices, as well as my pc. Maybe it is just due to my familiarity with it, but I tend to stay with what has worked for me. I also think something will come along to make some of these thing irrelevant and I don't think it will be far from now either. I just hope I am the one that stumbles across something like that, but I think I am more likely to just try to be friends with that person instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I agree that Facebook is heading downhill and its unfortunate. IF only they can find a may to monetize mobile will they have a profitable future. I do not agree with his assessment of Google, however. IT is now a verb describing a search no matter what browser being used! The branding reminds me of Xerox or Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to imagine a world with no Google. It's now a verb used in every day conversation!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.