Here is another article I found interesting with personal branding tips.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikaandersen/2012/05/14/3-ways-to-create-your-personal-brand-without-sounding-like-an-infomercial/
Additionally, found this article about the dreaded "Tell me about yourself" interview question:
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/05/nail-the-tell-me-about-yourself-job-interview-question/
reminds me of the elevator speech- a quick way to tell someone how great you are! :)
I loved the first article regarding the personal branding tips. I agree that being distinctive is very importannt. Being honest about your goals and what you or your business is will get you a lot farther than saying "I'm the best at website design" like the article mentioned. The "how" is just as important as the "what" that the author discusses. Great tips Faith on personal branding, thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDeleteThoughtful article in Forbes. I really liked this key tip:
ReplyDeleteUnder "Be Distinctive" - she gave this great concrete example of how to be specific in your description. Ex if you were a website designer-- "Maybe it’s “I design sites with simple, fast navigation, that are drop-dead easy for clients to manage themselves.”"
About the lifehacker.com article ( a site I follow on Google+ and really like), having a prepared professional summary about yourself is a great idea. I think it's hard to craft, but worth the investment in time. Faith, I agree, it is like having your "elevator pitch" for yourself!
Personal branding is no longer just for celebrities. I’ll be presenting an article about personal branding on Tuesday so I will not give away all my thoughts about personal branding on the blog, but your email address and wardrobe say a lot about your personal brand.
ReplyDeleteAny tips on how to dress for class Tuesday? :-)
DeleteTube tops and biker shorts is what my group is wearing but that may not be appropriate for your particular presentation.
DeleteI named my ping pong paddle Power Chi, how that sounds to you?
ReplyDeleteany suggestions?
Love it!
DeleteThat's great! Really catchy!
DeleteI think that's a great name Chi!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the first article as well. I think it is so important. I am looking forward to class tomorrow to learn about it. I feel so not Oprah!
ReplyDelete