I just love the things I find on pinterest. This website is really cool and a lot of pinterest users post their creations on their boards once they put outfits together. I am sure the guys in class will not be impressed with this website but I think it is a fun idea if you are trying to define your style.
Polyvore
-Pam Burr
Hey Pam,
ReplyDeleteI must admit I do get it, but my wife liked it. Why would anyone pay $750 for a pair of shoes. Thanks for sharing.
Haha I don't know why. I am not really in that boat, but then again one day maybe I will be (after I win the lotto of course).
Delete-Pam Burr
Haha you're right Pam, the guys definitely won't get it but this website is awesome. I actually used it way before Pinterest came out. You add a button to your task bar similar to the pin it button but it's called Clip to Polyvore and you can create outfits and themes with fashion and design. It takes a lot of fun and you definitely have to be into fashion but I love it.
ReplyDeleteYeah I can spend too much time on that site if I don't watch myself....and I thought my life was complete when I discovered Angry Birds! haha.
Delete-Pam Burr
yes it's almost terrible! I'm really not much of a Facebook-er but I LOVE Pinterest and sites like Polyvore and think I love Instagram.
DeleteThat is awesome!!! Just kidding, it isn't
DeleteYee of little faith
DeleteLOVE IT! I have a friend planning a wedding and she is using Polyvore to gather up ideas and sharing with her bridesmaids. I have thought about starting my own as a way to collect ideas for home improvement projects, decorating, that kind of thing.
ReplyDeleteThat is a good idea. I have only used it for clothing and I didn't even realize it could be used for home decor.
ReplyDelete-Pam
What a fun site! This could be addictive!
ReplyDeleteJust wish that the price tags on the fashions were more "Tar-gehh" :-) instead of Madison Avenue.
I see it more as a challenge which can be exciting. You know those style shows were you get the look for less. I love looking at certain items and thinking there is no way I can afford it, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The power of on-line retail shopping allows one to shop numerous stores within an hour and often times I can find the look for less. Of course it isn't the same label but the outfits are pretty spot on.
Delete-Pam
Love this site! definitely great for finding your personal style. I tried using that shoedazzle and I answered their questions and the styles they came back with were not really mine so I have not bought one pair of shoes from there! I can't wait to play around more on polyvore!
ReplyDeleteIsn't shoe dazzele a membership site where you get a new pair of shoes every month for a flat fee of $39.99...or I could be thinking of shoefab. Either way I think Kim K endorces one of them.
Delete-Pam
I also love the fact that you can pin items. Does this link to facebook as well? Having all the mass social medias linked together on one site that most women in the world would love could be quite powerful!
ReplyDeleteI do not get this or pininterest, but then again I am not female.
ReplyDeleteWell just remember Robert women control the majority of consumer spending so it make sense that sites are being developed to entice women to spend more time online and thus increase their purchases.
Delete-Pam Burr