I wonder with digital media and digital marketing being at an all time high, how these tools will affect the businesses that women start. I know a few stay at home moms that sell
Amazing what we women can do!
This blog is for the online work for the Meredith College MBA class BUS 695.
I used to nanny for a women that was a stay at home mom / entrepreneur. She started a Administrative consulting business with a couple of other entrepreneurs in the Raleigh area. She is a CPA so she consults on accounting practices and streamlining processes within small companies' finance departments.
ReplyDeleteIt seems to be a pretty good gig. For the most part she stayed at home but would land several projects through out the year that were anywhere from three weeks to six weeks long (thus the need for nanny during the business times).
-Pam Burr
I love that this article highlights women. I think my favorite part is that women have been starting more businesses than men for the past 20 years!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very empowering article, sorry men! That is pretty cool that we've been starting more business. I think it’s the way things are now unfortunately. The role of women is changing and women feel like they have to do what they need to provide for their family. That might be a large part of the motivation for starting businesses.
ReplyDeleteI agree, very empowering. In my ten years in the corporate world, I have seen on several occasions where I have seen the glass ceiling at work. It is nice to read about those who are taking matters into their own hands!
ReplyDeleteYes. Women totally rock. I think I am fortunate to work for a company that recognizes this and we have just as many women at the top as men.
ReplyDeleteLet's not forget that since the late 90s there have been more women getting undergraduate degrees than men. I know too it's the case at the grad level but I don't know when women became the majority. However, men still outnumber women in MBA programs (nationally but not at Meredith). So, as older men retire, the best educated eventually will rise up as more stereotypes are minimized.
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to recent data on the percentage of women in MBA programs. Still in the 30% range like it was when I got my MBA in the late 80s.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.catalyst.org/publication/250/women-mbas