Saturday, June 9, 2012

Crowd sourcing: How to use mobile for Syncfusion?

Hey folks,

If you are up to contributing ideas, I'd love to hear them.

One suggestion I plan to make for Syncfusion, is to create a mobile app for Kindle Fire and the iPad to allow customers (or prospects) to read their new series of technical e-books called the Succinctly Series.

Currently, Syncfusion has 2 apps on the Windows Phone marketplace -

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/search?q=syncfusion

The apps are:
1) Syncfusion Demo
2) FAQ DEV - way to search technical questions and answers

Windows Phone is a key platform for Syncfusion as a vendor that creates components for windows development. Due to a new product line, the mobile suite will let developers deploy across Windows Phone, iOS and Android, so I think that these apps might fit nicely with strategy.

What do you think?

1- Should I suggest the app creation for the Kindle Fire and iPad apps to read the e-book?

2- Any other ideas for how to incorporate mobile marketing?

6 comments:

  1. Marissa, this looks like a really cool company and maybe I didn't read enough about the company but could you explain in simpler terms what this company does exactly. It seems like a great software company that develops products for the microsoft platform? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,

    The company creates and sells software development tools to help developers build better applications and in less time. The company has only focused on windows developers with a new product line offering mobile controls that deploy cross-platform (to Windows Phone, Android and iPhone).

    Cheers,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the explanation Marissa. This helped me to understand the article better. This is some pretty awesome and power stuff.

      -Pam Burr

      Delete
  3. Thanks Marissa!

    I definitely think you should suggest the app. The worst thing they could say is no and if they said yes you could be famous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the time & checking-it out. If you would like to crowdsource for your paper portions, I think it's fun to share and get ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't think Windows Phone will last. Microsoft invested too little in mobile for too long and now, even though 7 and 7.5 are supposed to be pretty good, I think it's too late. I think that boat has sailed, I don't think, that unless Microsoft pays you, as I've read they are paying others to develop apps for their phone, that you should bother.

    I don't read on a tablet but how would an app on a tablet make reading on one a better experience than reading a web page formatted for mobile or tablets?

    I say just provide content on websites designed for mobile that can help sell your services. I would guess people would look for information and a demo about your services on a mobile web browser before searching their app store for a demo?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.