I am changing mine as well. Our company actually posted this on our intranet this morning. Glad to see we are at least keeping up with some of today's relevant news as we are just getting on board with social media. I figured we would be way behind on this type of stuff.
I got notified by LinkedIn as being one of the lucky winners.
But recognize that the likely goal of this breach is to go after your other accounts that also use your same email login and same password. Other accounts with valuable information, shopping accounts (amazon), bank accounts, etc. (I'd reused my LinkedIn pw on two other accounts and have since change them too.)
It makes me worry about the security of the social media and other website may have your credit card and bank account information. Will online ever be safe?
I hate when stuff like this happens! It makes me feel like LinkedIn (or whoever) should do a better job with their online security but I guess that could be said for all kinds of things.
Access to the resources to perform this kind of sabotage are easily accessible thanks to improvements in technology. Check out this article about how hackers can use cloud computing to crack passwords in seconds. Static passwords will soon be a thing of the past. In the meantime, let me go and change my LinkedIn password.
Oh I changed my password first thing this morning!
ReplyDelete-Pam Burr
changed mine!
ReplyDeleteI am changing mine as well. Our company actually posted this on our intranet this morning. Glad to see we are at least keeping up with some of today's relevant news as we are just getting on board with social media. I figured we would be way behind on this type of stuff.
ReplyDeleteI got notified by LinkedIn as being one of the lucky winners.
ReplyDeleteBut recognize that the likely goal of this breach is to go after your other accounts that also use your same email login and same password. Other accounts with valuable information, shopping accounts (amazon), bank accounts, etc. (I'd reused my LinkedIn pw on two other accounts and have since change them too.)
It makes me worry about the security of the social media and other website may have your credit card and bank account information. Will online ever be safe?
ReplyDeleteI hate when stuff like this happens! It makes me feel like LinkedIn (or whoever) should do a better job with their online security but I guess that could be said for all kinds of things.
ReplyDeleteAccess to the resources to perform this kind of sabotage are easily accessible thanks to improvements in technology. Check out this article about how hackers can use cloud computing to crack passwords in seconds. Static passwords will soon be a thing of the past. In the meantime, let me go and change my LinkedIn password.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Amazon-EC2-Used-to-Crack-Password-Encryption-on-Wireless-Networks-490541/