Wednesday, June 6, 2012

LinkedIn info

After hearing Dr. Mishra talk about Brenda Bernstein in class- I located her on linkedin and "made friends".  Here is her email to me with some great info about building your summary. 

Thanks for connecting with me Faith! Dr. Mishra is a valued colleague of mine and I'm glad you have the opportunity to learn from him.

In looking at your LinkedIn profile, I noticed you don’t have a Summary -- you could do a great job of marketing yourself in that section! The Essay Expert offers LinkedIn Summary writing services at
http://theessayexpert.com/services-rates/linkedin-profiles/profile-writing . And did you know you can change your public profile URL to a “vanity” URL that ends with your name and not numbers? Just click “Edit” in the Public Profile section in the Edit menu, and then click on “Customize your public profile URL.”

I hope this tip is useful and that my advice continues to help you create a KILLER LinkedIn profile!

Also, if you are interested in my free LinkedIn e-book, I invite you to sign up for my e-list at
http://www.TheEssayExpert.com or purchase the book in Kindle format on Amazon.com www.amazon.com/KILLER-LinkedIn-Profile-Mistakes-ebook/product-reviews/B007708HJC/ .

Sincerely yours,
Brenda Bernstein
http://www.TheEssayExpert.com
We’re the writing help you’ve been looking for.

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome that she responded with such a helpful personal message! I know I need to work on my LinkedIn profile but I am never really sure how to go about it. This is great advice about adding a summary and also the "vanity" URL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Faith, thanks for sharing. I can certainly see the importance of a summary on my LinkedIn profile. I actually may reach out to the EssayExperts for help. Any idea how much they charge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this information with us. I plan to take a look at my profile today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad this was helpful! I did some research online at TheEssayExperts.com and it looks like they charge $350 to help you set up and manage your LinkedIn profile. They also offer help with many other professional writing services. If you aren't willing to pay, you might want to check with your undergrad schools. University of Georgia has an awesome career developement center that offers advice along these same lines (help with resume, and some linkedin advice!). I am not sure that Meredith offers the same, anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, still helpful to look at TheEssayExperts.com, there are some free samples (and I love FREE stuff!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I connected with Brenda too and have scheduled her "Linkedin Tune Up" which is about $149. I might "upgrade" to have the one hour of consulting for $249. I think it's a worthwhile investment.

    The link: http://theessayexpert.com/services-rates/linkedin-profiles/profile-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it is good to have a summary in the profile. I was also told by a professional that to add a summary in my resume.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think definitely sounds worth it but I may wait until I get all of the information I need together to be able to get the most out of this paid service.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.