Apple's annual developer's conference is next week and there are any new developments to be expected. In this article, apple discusses the possibilities and outcomes of the annual developers conference. Talk about the iOS6, upgraded Macs, iCloud additions, and Mountain Lion pricing.
Do you think Apple can succeed and maintain its position as the leading smart phone and app company?
Apple has gotten very good at delivering just a handful of products. They are very consumer focused but many of their products are too expensive for most consumers. I certainly enjoy my iPhone and iPad, but they are both order generation devices. I fear that unless Apple can generate that “wow factor” people will be reluctant to upgrade their devices in the future. Just improving the OS or services is not going to make me stand in line to purchase the latest device.
ReplyDeleteI think Apple has the ability to do it well as long as they position themselves as leading high end player. In addition, an visionary type of leadership is also a key factor for Apple to success. So far, Apple seems still has the strong momentum to grow after Steve Job.
ReplyDeleteI agree that Apple is very consumer focused because we all know that people are either Apple consumers or they aren't. I don't think I've heard many people say they could go either way. It seems like you either have an iphone, ipod, ipad and macbook or you have none of the above. I believe that what they've been doing is going to continue to work as long as they continue to innovate. I know I have loved all of my apple products and plan on continuing to purchase them (i know itunes leaves much to be desired but it works).
ReplyDeleteWell I actually have an ipad but not an Iphone or a Mac. I actually could go either way as far as phones go. I don't see much difference with the new Androids and the new Iphones. I would go with whichever was cheaper at the time.
ReplyDeleteAlright, maybe I am just an Apple dork...
DeleteI have an iphone but I am not interested in a mac or purchasing an ipad. The best thing Apple does is create a false shortage in their products.
ReplyDeleteI'll give you that. The rush to get the newest products when they come out literally gets people into a tizzy!
ReplyDelete