Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The New Yahoo!

I ran across this article today on msnbc.com.  Twice in one day I have read that Facebook will potentially become the "new Yahoo!".  The article discuss points we have made in class for weeks now, without monetizing mobile or increasing ad sales, Facebook will have a problem growing.  Maybe our class should publish our own marketing editorial website! 

4 comments:

  1. As mentioned in class, I think that Zuck will have to relinquish some or all of his power in an effort to convince investors of Facebooks staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think firms may have unreal expectations to put ads on FB. If I shop, I will go to Amazon, not FB. FB need figure out more ways to generate revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting article. If Facebook is unable to make money by selling ads, I wonder if they will find another way to generate income. I guess they could always sell the information they collect to spammers. Who would know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have spent the last few days trying to pay attention to the ad offerings on facebook. I have to say that if it doesn't involve a company I "like" and therefore recieve their posts on my feed, I haven't "seen" a single ad.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.