Monday, June 4, 2012

Facebook and younger users

I am not trying to bash on Facebook, but I came across this article today and thought it would generate some interesting conversation.  In light of the recent posts, please post your thoughts about Facebook’s plans to build technology that would allow children under 13 to register for the site and give their parents some control over how their kids may use it.

4 comments:

  1. They just are losing people hand over fist and don't know how to keep revenue from dropping as they don't understand mobile. Desperate times call for desperate measures and their stock continues to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like i posted 20 min behind you on this as well! So sorry! I think this is a low move for Facebook. I am sure it is a ploy to advertise additional items to parents of known users.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a disaster waiting to happen. If they have the necessary security measures to prevent “adults” from accessing it, then what and how much personal data will the under 13 group have to provide? What legal responsibilities do companies that accumulate data have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robert,

      This certainly seems a little odd to me. Sounds like a last ditch effort to generate some additional revenue.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.