Ditto: only by accident for me too. One app I've been using to write to-do lists will start-up with organizing tabs on the top of the screen, then after about 2 to 30 seconds it puts a banner ad there lowering the tabs so I will click on it instead of the tabs that were just there. This one has tricked me a few times. So, when I finish my current to-do activities, I will buy a non-surreptitious ad-free to-do list app to replace it.
There just isn't available enough screen real estate to support any type of effective mobile ad. How much information can be communicated in a 3"x0.25" space?? It's hard enough to use a smartphone to navigate a non-mobile web page between the screen size and the page-load speed then you squeeze some ads in there too and you've just got yet another annoyance that only people with too much time on their hands could be bothered with.
Furthermore, with most (or all) carriers providing usage caps to their data plans, who would want to use any fraction of that allotment to click on an ad to then downloading a bigger presentation?
To me they aren't effective. The only time I have ever clicked on a mobile add was by accident.
ReplyDeleteDitto: only by accident for me too. One app I've been using to write to-do lists will start-up with organizing tabs on the top of the screen, then after about 2 to 30 seconds it puts a banner ad there lowering the tabs so I will click on it instead of the tabs that were just there. This one has tricked me a few times. So, when I finish my current to-do activities, I will buy a non-surreptitious ad-free to-do list app to replace it.
ReplyDeleteThere just isn't available enough screen real estate to support any type of effective mobile ad. How much information can be communicated in a 3"x0.25" space?? It's hard enough to use a smartphone to navigate a non-mobile web page between the screen size and the page-load speed then you squeeze some ads in there too and you've just got yet another annoyance that only people with too much time on their hands could be bothered with.
Furthermore, with most (or all) carriers providing usage caps to their data plans, who would want to use any fraction of that allotment to click on an ad to then downloading a bigger presentation?