I stumbled upon Sparkplug Digital tonight and the site has several blogs that others may find interesting. The company's mission is to empower companies and nonprofits to achieve their marketing goals via measurable, integrated, and ethical online marketing tactics that bring our clients more traffic.
Here is a link to one such blog that discusses whether Pinterest is worth the hype.
Enjoy!
Thanks for this--great find.
ReplyDeleteAs far as Pinterest is concerned, I don't get into it. I do see how females enjoy it, and it seems like a race to find the coolest pictures, recipes, etc first and see who takes it from you. I also see that it is something my wife is obsessed with, so I let her do that herself so I can do something else I would like to do. It is a good avenue to advertise your creations even if you don't own a business, but if you do it is an even better way to show your wares.
ReplyDeleteI agree, to me Pinterest is a platform that is already incorporated into various other social media outlets. Most of the people (women) that I know who are on it, visit the site casually.
ReplyDeleteI understand that most guys aren't into Pinterest but as a female, I love it. In fact, I can't think of one girl friend that isn't totally into it as well. My Mom even has it! I think it's great for casual browsing and 'designing' your dream house/closet but I've noticed a lot of retailers are adding the "Pin It" button to their website. For example, J.Crew has the Pin It button on every single item of apparel on their website.
ReplyDeleteThis seems like great marketing to me! Each pin includes the link to the product or recipe (or whatever it is)so all it takes is one click to be at the retailer's website. Why wouldn't companies want to increase traffic to their website for products/services through yet another avenue? Maybe I'm just a girl but I think it's an awesome idea!