Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Facebook Fallacy



This is the link to the article I will be discussing in class tonight. It's a long article, but there is a lot of interesting information in it.

3 comments:

  1. Articles about how Facebook is a terrible product always makes me smile from ear to ear. The company really isn't revolutionary it is boring and stale. It is a remade version of geocities with no fees and high customization. I would believe that social media is a fad the will turn out to be a non started for revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think social media is here to stay in some form. Us humans are social creatures.

    Open source software is supported 100% by developers world-wide without investing a penny. This groundswell effect and desire to contribute are part of the fabric of our culture. Red Hat managed to add value by packaging, testing and offering support.

    I have to share your concern, Aaron, that social media might not find a way to prove it's revenue value. For now, though, it's great to generate branding/awareness and leads too. But ultimately, companies won't pay for ads on social channel if they can't prove the ROI via increased sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more social media sites that pop up reduces the amount of time people can spend actually socializing on the sites. I certainly agree social media is here to stay but at some point the Internet will be saturated with social media sites. The good ones will stay the bad ones will go. Does anyone still use MySpace?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.