This article is an easy read and I think touches on a lot of what we have been talking about in class in terms of social media tools and recruiting/job seeking. It is interesting to hear people's opinions on the topic because I don't believe these tools will fade away but rather continue to evolve.
What do you think about tools such as Linked In? I hear more and more people talking about how they were able to use connections found through social media to find job opportunities and also people who have "been found" as a result of their social media profile.
Like I said on another post, I think LinkedIn is great, though I wonder if something is going on in the background that I don't know about that will come out later on. I am hoping to use this more frequently and better equip myself after MBA school to see how well it helps me. Currently I am satisfied with my work/school/life balance so I don't use it that often unless I'm bored.
ReplyDeleteI guess the biggest concern I have with social media is to what extent will they (facebook, LinkedIn, etc) compromise my data or information for the sake of their profits.
ReplyDeleteI think Linkedin is probably the only social media site that will not use their data like any other. They are selective to whom they sell ad space and have a premium edition that people will pay for. A career is a much different realm to deal with compared to social life. They need to keep their integrity if they want to keep being the leading resume social network. Other than their mobile app the company is pretty flawless.
ReplyDelete