This blog is for the online work for the Meredith College MBA class BUS 695.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Track your Media use for 24 hours
One of the interesting things about the proliferation of types of media we use in marketing is that consumers get their information from such a variety of sources each day. We don't just get our news from the 6 p.m. news channels each day. Some of us don't even watch CNN domestic! That makes our job as marketers even more complex because we have to figure out where to find our customers in order to talk to them at a particular time and place where they are receptive to our message.
Before the next class, use the form on blackboard under course documents/assignments called "Media in Daily life" to track your media use for 24 hours. Feel free to add extra categories where necessary. This form was created just 5 years ago by a scholar at a university in Texas, but you can already see that it is outdated. I thought it would be interesting for us to create a new form based on our own media use.
Please bring your form to class next week for us to discuss what you discovered over 24 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree that social media provides us another way to gain information. It will be interesting to see how it may change our life and the way of communication and obtain information. The traditional media seems only have one way approach. Today’s social media gives everyone a chance to be part of it rather than a listener.
ReplyDeleteChi
I started this today (Friday) and so far, I'm been listening to something for almost every minute I've been awake: FM, oldies music while in a store, streaming, satellite.
ReplyDeleteI did mine yesterday and was working--with no music! Today, though, I'm grading undergrad papers and need something to get through it--music helps!
ReplyDeleteI'm working on this today and there's a section for "working on digital marketing blog" ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt is very interesting when I did this, as I didn't even realize some of what I am doing since I have become so accustomed to it. I was talking to my dad about this class last night and he was telling me when he was in grad school he wished he had the chance to take something like this. My response was yeah, and I bet the students before you wished they could talk on a telephone too. Just proves my point that education ourselves is tougher these days, think how easy history classes were for our grandparents.
ReplyDelete