Interesting Article about a social app. Just thought you all would find this interesting. With apps like this and the bang up job Facebook is doing about keeping the privacy settings working correctly, I can't imagine that Facebook will ever see their demise.
Wow!, yet another reason I don't like Facebook. I don't trust FB and the apps that run on it. Since FB changed its platform to allow apps, it seems there have always been are plenty of gotcha apps. Before Facebook, you could still find interesting things. You didn’t have to worry that much about being tracked and 'publically' embarrassed; now, there are just so many layers of tracking and ways of being embarrassed. Who wants to spend so much time managing their settings?
ReplyDeleteIs Facebook just so compelling that the risk of having your privacy invaded worth it? What if that invasion led to permanent reputation damage?
Thanks for posting that article/video. That's upsetting that even if you turn off sharing within your facebook desktop app, if you watch a video on your smart phone with that Social Cam App, it changes that setting.
ReplyDeletePerhaps the best option is to simply opt-out of all apps on Facebook?
I show this article and thought, wow this could get some people in trouble. I am also not sure who thought this would be helpful
ReplyDelete