Thursday, May 17, 2012

Google Humanizing Search

I made a comment earlier about humanizing algorithms, go to bed, wake up and find this article. That is a little crazy, but what do you all think about this movement towards more predictive and humanized search?

4 comments:

  1. It only makes sense. The more precise search is, the more accurate and targeted advertising will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like Google’s promote search. It is very convenient. The idea of making search engine like a human is great. That can really improve the efficiency of search and get what you really want. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea for Google to categorize results: their interface is so simple it could stand to become a little more complex and provide even better information with little risk of making their results page too complex or busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good thing we aren't encyclopedia salesmen and women. With all this information available and search engines like this, seems like a dead end job to me. This and the app for iphones where you just speak it and it finds anything and everything you want, we are becoming too independant on search engines. Not that i am complaining, not sure what I would do without google. I haven't been to a library in probably 12 years, heck I don't even know where the one is where I live.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.