Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Coke Freestyle




So, here is more about the Coke Freestyle machine. From Fast Company.

It has its own facebook page. What do you think?

Here is a review on serious eats from someone who was very deliberate in tasting each and every flavor.

If you want to follow them on twitter, @ccfreestyle

What do you think of this integrated approach? Is this push or pull? Will a true fan use the app to seek out where they can get it? Will you?!




5 comments:

  1. It is a great idea. It gives you the freedom to choose whatever you like for the drink. But I cannot watch the video since it shows provide. Not sure how it really works. But I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think this technology is super cool! Letting customers choose what they want to drink when they want it is the dream of the operations world - aka. "Just-in-time inventory" at it's finest.

    I read the comments on that article and there were some grumbles about the lines being long and people being indecisive. Maybe they need to have at least two of these machines at each location? It's like the Red Box video machine always has a line, but like this machine, it offers fun choices at a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the machine! I think the scarcity of it is part of the cool factor for me. I know that the only place I can go is Moe's to get it. I think this could be really huge in other venues (movie theater maybe). I will say though that is doesn't currently play any role in my decision making on where to spend my dollars, but is really just a neat "toy" that I like to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of this but have never actually used it. It seems there are always 50 kids in front of me that take an hour each to make a decision. We used to call these mixes suicides but I we never had that many choices. Hopefully one day I will get to experience it first hand. I guess I'm just one of those that would rather not have it than wait in line, since I am extremely impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha suicides were the best. If I was still a soda drinker I would definitely try this (Moe's across the street from SAS has this I think) but sometimes I think there can be too many choices. I mean it is just a soft drink, do you need more than 5 or 6 choices?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.