Monday, May 21, 2012

Digital Advertising and "Mom-entum"

Since I believe we are talking about Digital Advertising tomorrow night I wanted to share Big Fuel's website. Their headline is "A pureplay social media agency designed for the needs of large brands."

As I was looking through this website I saw their Mom-entum page which focuses on the belief that "moms rule the social web" and asks companies if their brand has "mom-entum?". What do you think about

3 comments:

  1. I think this could be the case depending on the product esp. consumer goods.

    -Pam Burr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pam, it probably depends on the product(s). I assume many moms do the shopping for food, and vairous needs online as well as doing most of their shopping online to avoid going to stores and malls since the would have to drag their kids with them. Since it is more difficult to take them with them, they probably do more of this than other groups of people. Plus everyone likes to talk about their children, the stories they have about them, things they say, etc. What better way to get it out to a large group than through social media. Though truthfully I really don't care what stories they have. I constantly try to block them on our facebook account. If I wanted to be a part of that, I would just have my own kid. So I can see why they rule the social web. They also can get lots of good advice from other mothers in their situations who have good money saving tips, ideas for solving similiar problems and similiar funny stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms have a lot of influence over a lot of things even their kids spending habits. I agree Moms have influence and they need to be targeted. Moms are very similar to the 18-24 demographic where if you can influence them they can influence future generations. Just think about how many people use the same products as their parents.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.